What's going on here? In short: Caribe was a restaurant that used to be in St. Paul, MN. We endured over a year of light rail construction, losing the bulk of our normal sales for many months until we finally had to close April 15, 2012. We are now attempting to raise the necessary funds to start over in Northeast Minneapolis. Join us on our adventure and help bring Caribe back to life!
Half-Way UpdateThank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who have pledged, shared the link to our kickstarter video, passed out post cards. Our gratitude cannot be expressed! Only 15 days to go until June 13! Your pledge will be instrumental in Making caribe 2.0 a reality!
What has happened in the last 15 days? Below is an update...
Free Caribe food samples cooked & served by Tony
Real Piña Coladas & cash bar by Chowgirls Killer Catering
NEW: Live Steel Drum Music by Adam Frank
Artcrank interbike poster show also going on!
New reward added!Still thinking about pledging, but want something fun in the mail? Check out the new "napkin sketch pledge."
What has happened in 15 days?
- 115 backers have pledged a total of $11,820!
- Backers from the US, Malaysia, and Venezuela!
- 587 "likes" to our kickstarter video (if 500 of those folks each pledged $25 we'd double our current total!)
- The $1,500 mofongo of the month club reward sold out!
- We have 10 guests for the celebrity party with Matt muenster ($500 pledge gets you and a guest to the exclusive event).
- We are currently 23% funded.
Fun events coming up!
Johnstock Sat June 2 from 1-3pm, our whole family will be volunteering at the info booth.
First Thursday Fiesta w/ Caribe + ArtCrank! Chowgirls party w caribe food samples and real piña coladas! Thurs June 7, from 7-11pm
In the News
More recent coverage on our project in the news...
Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal
The line media
Fox 9 News
Big donors neededWe are looking for a few " big donors" ...it won't take many, and the rewards are great! But a big donor doesn't have to be one person (unless you opt for the eat-for-free-for-life reward).
Why not pool your funds with your club or group and get one of the dinner party rewards?
Or, do you know of a corporation that may have interest in supporting a locally owned restaurant and getting the private party for 20 people reward?
The clock is ticking...if you have creative ideas of way to help, or if you can be the next big donor, now is the time!
Good to know:
- If we don't reach our funding goal, we don't get any funding via kickstarter
- Pledge today, pay nothing until June 13, after which your card is charged only if we reach our goal of $50,000.
- You can increase your pledge at any time between now & June 13, if you decide you want to upgrade your reward
- More FAQ answered here (scroll to the bottom of the page)